- January 26, 2017
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Smart plans are critical. But, if we don’t get the words off the paper and into people’s heads, we have failed. Sandy Hook reinforces that training is everything given that people can’t and won’t run to look at binders for response in a real emergency.
- What are the legal requirements for training?
- What are the current practices and obstacles in organizations regarding training?
- What are the proven ways to train for emergency response?
- How does your organization compare?
- You will learn the laws, regulations, and standards that control emergency plan training.
- You will understand how lawsuits affect you and your organization.
- You will learn the current attitudes of managers versus what should be the overriding attitude of managers in training employees in emergency response.
- You will learn what obstacles organizations face and the consistent mistakes organizations make in emergency training.
- You will learn the difference between Emergency Team training and training that meets the objectives for the rest of your employees.
- You will learn how to protect your management.
Bo Mitchell is one of the foremost emergency preparedness experts in the country. Bo presents expert strategies with a rare combination of fact, humor, “from the front lines” stories, and learn-it-and-use-it concepts that truly engages audience members. For more information and speaker reviews, check out the link, then make a plan to come to your chapter meeting… and bring a friend. http://911consulting.net/speaking/calendar-of-events/
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration and breakfast/Networking
8:30 am – 8:35 am Opening Remarks/Speaker Introduction
8:35 am – 9:15 am Emergency Response Presentation
9:15 am – 9:25 am Questions and Answers
9:25 am – 10:00 am Networking
Bo Mitchell was Police Commissioner of Wilton, CT for 16 years. He retired in February 2001 to found 911 Consulting which creates emergency, disaster recovery, business continuity, crisis communications and pandemic plans, plus training and exercises for organizations like GE HQ, Hyatt HQ, MasterCard HQ, four colleges and universities plus 25 secondary schools. He serves clients headquartered from Boston to LA working in their facilities from London to San Francisco. Bo has earned 21 certifications in homeland security, emergency management, disaster recovery, business continuity, safety and security. He also serves as an expert in landmark court cases nationally.
CEM, CPP, CBCP, CHS-V, CSI-ML, HSEEP, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CIPS, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CMC